St. Anthony-New Brighton community,
I am providing an opportunity for anyone— staff, students, family and community members— to have a one-on-one meeting with me (in person or via Google Meet), so I can actively listen to your experiences and expectations around specific topics.
Note: the meetings will have blocks of time available on July 19; 20; 22; 23; 27; 28 29).
From a global pandemic, to a new Wilshire Park Elementary School principal and new interim principal at the high school, and transitioning to distance/hybrid learning, to allegations against district staff regarding sexual and racial harassment, the killing of George Floyd, and the attack on the nation’s capital, our country and community have been through a whirlwind of change, emotions, tragedy and trauma, and politically-split discourse.
And throughout it all, ISD282's goals and priorities focused on providing high-quality learning in the safest way possible. Many decisions had to be made during these high-stress events; some of those decisions were applauded, while others were considered bad or unacceptable.
I want to listen to anyone who is willing to meet with me and share their feedback and experiences.
- Each meeting will be 30 minutes in length.
- Sign up here via the Calendly app to meet either in person or via Google Meet.
Since I want to meet with as many people as possible, I will ask you to focus on one of the following areas:
- School during COVID-19.
- Teaching and Learning at ISD282, now- and in the future.
- Allegations of sexual/racial misconduct by ISD282 staff.
- ISD282 Mission: To educate, prepare, and inspire a community of lifelong learners in our small, caring environment; ISD282 Vision: We are committed to the success of all learners. We will engage, inspire, and support each learner through innovation and collaboration.
At our meeting, I will ask you the following questions per your selected area of focus:
- How did ISD282 meet/exceed your expectations?
- Where did ISD282 fall short of your expectations?
- If you were superintendent/principal/teacher/School Board member, how would you have approached this specific situation?
I will take notes during the meetings, thematize your responses, and share the results once finalized on our district website at isd282.org.
I appreciate you taking the time to sit down with me and provide feedback. My goal is to be open and engaged with my community. I value you— your input, ideas, thoughts, and experiences.
Superintendent Dr. Renee Corneille